My phone would never pocket dial.
When I ended a call, I was 100% sure it was over.
I could dial phone numbers without having to even look at the dialing pad.
My battery lasted 4 days, on average.
More than 70% of the chargers I encountered would fit my phone.
Service is $30 a month w/ unlimited US nationwide coverage.
I could text message just fine, assuming I was creative and didn’t have to write a novel.
I couldn’t “browse the web” with ease, though I did have access to email and maps in a limited capacity… so no emergency was too big for my phone to handle.
I couldn’t take super awesome photos… but I made sure my “real” cameras were never too far.
This phone is *not* a smartphone.
I’d even consider a text pager, if pager service was still $10 per month (how about, “less”)-
-but I digress…
In my Walmart online shopping cart right now, I see this phone is $24.85, including shipping. How much are these new iPhone devices?
Sometimes the default world takes priority, and since I haven’t yet figured out how to live without money, this year had to be missed. This video helped with the homesickness.
I will not miss next year’s.
- Review of FLIR One infrared camera, along with an explanation of what infrared light is and how to use it. http://www.wired.com/2014/08/a-review-of-the-iphone-infrared-camera-the-flir-one 2014-08-19
- Pop n lock to remix of Jackson's "Beat It" #dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smiZhL9sTjM&feature=youtu.be 2014-08-14
Houdini recently released it’s fully functional and commercial “Houdini Indie” product for $200 (for companies making under $100k per year).
With that annoucement, Zak had asked me, “Where a great place to start learning?” Yes, it can be very intimidating, but if you have a specific use in mind it is TOTALLY doable without the years of experience that some expect. That being said, ya gotta know the basics and here’s some resources to get you started… starting with the free stuff!
Peter Quint: This guy is my hero and his videos are priceless. Here’s a direct link to the “Basics”… but don’t forget the other 150 videos that he has online.
3DBuzz: Houdini Fundamentals for H9
SideFX: Creators of Houdini have a huge selection of tutorials, including an introduction to the interface. Once again, don’t forget to check the sidebar to see the massive collection they have available.
- Tips to help sustain a successful visual effects studio. http://academy.cg-masters.com/nicks-rants-and-raves/want-visual-effects-business-thrive-ten-tips-success/ #approved 2014-07-22
- There are a surprisingly low number of us who have heard of cymatics (sound shaping matter). https://t.co/vQM4oF44sS 2014-07-22
- This explains all the torodial "spirit science" theories I keep coming across. #blackholes 2014-07-22
- Give her your strength and she'll give you her softness. 2014-07-09
- Animation Paper for $20 ($69 for mac). Animation, gesture drawing practice, doodles. #indiegogo ends this month. 2014-07-07
- Batman: Arkham City is… wow. Some serious character math going on here. Action blending like I'm a viewer… yet feel like a participant. 2014-07-05
- I went through this a few months back. My Google+ is still linked with Youtube. https://t.co/G9iM78G69D 2014-07-05
Having a maker’s space within walking distance, I consider myself very fortunate as I didn’t know it was there till I moved in to my house. Though, I won’t consider myself “lucky”, as we chose this area specifically for reasons like that (it’s also next door to a meadery).
What’s a “maker’s space”? Well then you have yet another reason to watch the following talk. Thx Voigt!