- Animation exercises shared during this morning's webinar. #character : https://t.co/CJGaZEOuj6 2015-10-20
- Alex Grey summarizes his life's work in a TEDx talk, describing many of his pieces. https://t.co/NalaUnjyFL 2015-10-18
- I've been feeling the same way. https://t.co/SqYoaWsqtZ 2015-10-17
- Artist of many Pink Floyd album covers… and then some. Storm Thorgerson 1944-2013 : http://t.co/ga7PyA3mpg 2015-10-15
Page 3 of 37
Story of Anna Breytenbach, tracker & animal communicator.
Took my time with this one to avoid frustration. I started rushing a few times and quickly realized that there’s no UNDO button this 3D model. Some pieces ended up breaking off and, fortunately, you’ll have to really look to notice them.
In the end, I’m happy I stuck with it as it’s a pretty slick little chunk of metal.
He’s even got a little wind-up bot buddy to chill with.
If you want your own R2-D2 Earth Metal buddy, you can get em online.
It was only a matter of time before I started my journey into scripting in Blender. Learning MEL (Maya’s Embedded Language) was one of the most powerful things any Maya 3D artist can do. When it came go giving advice to students that were looking to break into the industry, learning scripting was the piece of advice that I could dish out with confidence. Even if you only learn a handful of functions, you can perform (what seem like) miracles. Spend a day going through a set of introductory tutorials on scripting (Intro to Python in Blender, perhaps) and you’ll feel what I’m laying down here.
My time with MEL has lapsed and now I’m in Blender. There is a confidence that I am experiencing, knowing that I am moving in the right direction. Putting energy into a language (python) and animation software (Blender) that will never be taken away (till an EMP takes out all electronics).
Blender 3D: Noob to Pro – Advanced Tutorials – Introduction – I am guilty of having not spent as much time in the Noob to Pro series as I should. I guess I get a bit sucked into videos sometimes, too often forgetting the speed and efficiency of text + images. This series is quick n dirty.
Blender 3D: Blending Into Python – Includes optimization guide, cookbook, APC, quickstart, reference, etc
Blender Cookie – Python + Blender – On this Youtube channel, this crew has demonstrated an ability to create quality video tutorials.
Blender.org – API documentation – There’s also a link to download the contents in a ZIP file, for localized reference.
Nathan Miller’s Blender Python Notebook – The Proving Ground – Procedurally built architecture? Includes sections on mesh definition, modifieers, math mesh, random mesh and “supershape 3D”? Looks like a blast!
- Galaxies within eyes within galaxies: #sight – http://t.co/IOTTs3jYEx 2015-10-07
- the world's greenest office building: The Edge – #water #solar #sustainable http://t.co/zYiDbzkxGq 2015-10-07
- Persistence of vision w/ SmarterEveryDay and sensing the color differences. #eyes #sight #LED : https://t.co/jfkwH1gDOt 2015-10-05
- Slime mould networks build Tokyo: https://t.co/AY6AQUUpeT 2015-10-03
- 5 healthy video games for kids. #build #Minecraft [via Mo]: https://t.co/Zssk74FI7z 2015-10-01
- Collection of 25 painted optical illusions by Canadian Robert Gonsalves. [thx Mo] : http://t.co/mIehD74bcZ 2015-09-30
- Blind sight gives new meaning to following your heart. [thx Ryan] : http://t.co/5ofOcvfKrc 2015-09-29
- Spinning and dancing within a large metal ring. #hoop
- Extreme close-ups of the human eye. #collection : http://t.co/fahklnCMIt 2015-09-25
- I was just wondering about this kind of thing yesterday.There's a rigger here who's interested in testing this!!! https://t.co/dGMToTzQWP 2015-09-25
- Animation synced with animation. Target = Cyberwarfare : [via @Android_Jones] : https://t.co/9RpYaZEoJN 2015-09-24
- Artist Dustin Yellin walks us through his transparent boxes of art. #TEDtalk https://t.co/xdlnONKMQX 2015-09-20
- She breathes!!! R-Evolution at Burning Man. Via Marco Cochrane, also the creator of Bliss Dance. #timelapse https://t.co/zDWd1LiqZo 2015-09-18
- fdupes for finding duplicate files on Linux? Yes, and thanks for making it simple. 2015-09-17
Blender has a new version out, and the thing that first caught my eye was the image below.
The ability to smooth bone weight influences… smoothly (without using a paintbrush).
When I started learning Blender’s rigging tools, I noticed the lack of a proper workflow for smoothing skinning weights. I spent days trying to replicate a workflow that I have relied on for years in another software. DAYS. I even preparing a plan and was setting aside time to build a tool to handle this… but then… BAM! Here we go.
This is not the first time this Blender has read my mind.
*10 minutes later*
Installed and tested this on Ubuntu. Works!!!
I was so excited to see this feature added to Blender, I nearly put this as my Facebook Cover Photo. Hey! Don’t look at me like that.
Workflow is everything. Key word being “flow”. Flow is a difficult state to reach when doing something as technical as rigging and skinning is a process that most everyone hates, even riggers. I’m one of the few that enjoyed the process as was able to get to a nice zen state and just… well… flow!
I’m a big dork. Where’s my badge?
This is also not the only impressive improvement in the newest release. Checkout the list of new features here.
CGCookie just released a short video demonstrating this new skinning feature, along with the Mesh Data Transfer tool, which simplifies the process of transferring skinning weights.
- Really digging this "…Getting Things Done…" infographic for artists by @gleb_alexandrov : http://t.co/SjjVhcBQI0 2015-09-14
- Project Soli takes motion capture to the next level. Smaller and extremely sensitive. https://t.co/rXdQOY1QYd 2015-09-14
- Dr Joe Dispenza's TEDx talk on making your mind via metacognition. Brain responding to pleasure or stress. https://t.co/1SZxJyubsy 2015-09-11
- Fortunately I've got the behaviour programmed in… but for those that haven't yet… https://t.co/l2TwQqqByt 2015-09-09
- Detroit graffiti, including the mural on El Asador : http://t.co/NRwpRzl86E 2015-09-05
- Mental disorders and illnesses illustrated as little monsters, by Toby Allen : http://t.co/Gus3ntJB1r 2015-09-04
- An experimental build for @unity3d on Linux is ready. http://t.co/eJYR0d3iyd 2015-09-03
- Architecture of radio visualization for the iPad. https://t.co/ejcVXERgNY 2015-09-03
- How to connect with anyone w/ Brian Miller @bmmagic . *hint* Learn to listen. https://t.co/QQ4tqu4niI 2015-08-25
- The ice man reminds us to breathe. Natural drugs to hear your body/mind : http://t.co/aAh8hnZsS2 2015-08-24
- First photograph showing light behaving as both a particle and a wave. Bonus explainer video. #quantum : http://t.co/g1KILXuoCZ 2015-08-23
- NASA's online 3D simulator of @MarsCuriosity rover, in Blend4Web. Take it for a drive in your browser. #Blender : https://t.co/nlz1K7UvEC 2015-08-22
- Rigging in Blender just got smoother and more entertaining w/ Nathan Vegdahl's "Humane Rigging" DVD. Released under Creative Commons. 2015-08-22
- Strip or Retire – putting skin in the game adds pressure via accountability [via Mike Kim] http://t.co/r6lVswmiwZ 2015-08-20
- The trippy illusions that occur when staring into a face. http://t.co/asvUJv5JsM 2015-08-20
Fully documentary is coming soon. Here’s a sample.
- Loving our limitations. "Embrace the Shake" w/ Phil Hansen #creativity #TED : https://t.co/tWnQGaVTzM 2015-08-12
- Another stunning visual effects reel created in Houdini. https://t.co/vjGjUqriJE 2015-08-10
- Time to paint! Krita's Kickstarter campaign was a success. Additions have been developed & released. #opensource : https://t.co/M6OoKUoHPx 2015-08-08
- Houdini 15 teaser shows ragdoll simulation and upgrades to their character animation workflows. Looks like a blast! https://t.co/7I7JtV1cHq 2015-08-07
- RT @DtownAnimation: Auto-offset for node editing in Blender 2.76 allows you to squeeze in new nodes for your composite. Check the video: ht… 2015-08-07
- A virtual home for lonlely Blender artists working from home. #IRC : http://t.co/q7TxJbm2mn 2015-08-07
- Learning the command line in @Linux, via @Codecademy. How did you know? Perfect timing. https://t.co/kamaJLfz7K 2015-08-06
- Blender's Cycles renderer compared to a handfull of others. http://t.co/zjBLFILgYk 2015-08-05
- Linux window tweak – Close button moved from the left side to the right in Ubuntu 15.04. 'sall bout the lil things: http://t.co/ko9Xijbaee 2015-08-05
- Haven't seen Lorne Lanning (Oddword creator) in quite awhile, but here he is talking to Bobby Chiu. https://t.co/312cXqXvTQ 2015-08-03
- Total War game engine + Warhammer fantasy battle = 10 minutes of, "This is not just a cutscene?" http://t.co/8v054Dcs6E 2015-08-03
- Tribute to Hayao Miyazaki in #3D using #blender : https://t.co/IKwBSm250k 2015-08-02
- Hundreds of posed 3D models w/ muscle anatomy textured in. Rotating life drawing reference. http://t.co/VczXxYc4pd 2015-07-31
- Photographer Kitra Cahana follows nomads into trains, bus stops, parking lots, rest stop bathrooms. #TEDTalks : https://t.co/Kn6McvWfqy 2015-07-29
- Ooooh, you sneaky little peanut butter cookies!! https://t.co/NZGg3h7fsn 2015-07-28
- Taking AXYZM's Movement Designers video for another spin. #dance : https://t.co/FO4KjTizGs 2015-07-28
- Nightclubbing: An Oral History of Detroit’s "Motor Lounge" – #music #dance http://t.co/8MvvleUFLE 2015-07-28
- Science Under Siege, Part 1 on CBC's "Ideas" #podcast [thx Alan] : http://t.co/XRlPtQT8bK 2015-07-28
- Made with Creative Commons: A book on open business models. I got $10 on this #ebook. : https://t.co/wy5X2QyKBg 2015-07-28
- Still have only read The Alchemy, which a library here in Canada had two copies of, but no other volumes. Backstory time! @davidmackkabuki in reply to davidmackkabuki 2015-07-27
- Kabuki Vol 1 has arrived. Finally get to read this gorgeous graphic novel series from the start. @davidmackkabuki http://t.co/RKRom0V1XK 2015-07-27
- Science Under Siege – CBC podcast – http://t.co/elUl0kKrx1 2015-07-26
- Animated map shows how religion spread around the world – http://t.co/xNVlddpQsf 2015-07-25
- An agreement doc template in plain English. The original "Contract Killer" – http://t.co/1bQi0P6Ymi 2015-07-24
- "If we cannot understand our rights, we have no rights." – Plain English legal docs. – http://t.co/eWU8p1704R 2015-07-24
- Not made with Google's Deep Dream code. https://t.co/f44f5hQkNy 2015-07-23
- Numpad's "dot" key became a comma? Found the culprit in dconf Editor. No idea where that xkb-options value came from. http://t.co/FU4fhL9CcW 2015-07-23